Autohaus Dolby COVID-19 / Coronavirus statement
Helping you during a difficult time.
We are committed to helping our all our customers whilst keeping you and our staff safe. We are open and operating normally, and have made a number of changes to cater for everyone’s needs during lockdown.
- Free of charge pick up and delivery of vehicles for vulnerable customers. For vulnerable customers in isolation we will collect your vehicle from your home address anywhere in Sheffield, complete the necessary work, then deliver it back to you (for vehicles up to 20 years old).
- Free of charge courtesy cars. We are continuing to provide courtesy cars for all our customers (subject to availability). They’re free of charge, on our insurance and all have ISOFIX and five doors.
- Protected handling of vehicles and keys. We only interact with your vehicle whilst wearing disposable gloves. We won’t touch any contact area (door handles, steering wheel, key, gearstick, controls) without wearing gloves. All seats are covered with disposable seat covers whilst we have your vehicle.
- Priority attention for Vehicles Off Road (VOR). Together with our suppliers we have committed to give priority to breakdowns. If your vehicle needs to be recovered we will accept it straight away from your breakdown provider and prioritise it for repair to ensure you stay mobile.
- Social distancing. You can still visit us to drop off or pick up your vehicle as normal. We have implemented social distancing measures to enable you to maintain two metres distance whilst on the premises and enhanced our cleaning routines for high contact areas.
The Government and the DVSA have released guidelines regarding vehicle maintenance and MOT testing. Garages are exempt from closure as they provide an essential service, and the Government advice is that you should still take your vehicle to be repaired if necessary.
Vehicles with MOT expiry dates from the 30th of March 2020 will receive an automatic 6 month extension to their MOT test, but you must still ensure that your vehicle is roadworthy and meets the standards for an MOT test. The MOT testing service will continue to be available, and we will still test vehicles for customers that request it or carry out retests for vehicles that have previously failed.
To help protect our customers, staff and everyone around us we encourage all our customers to practice social distancing whilst they are with us and leave two metres distance between people whenever possible. We have hand washing facilities available for customer use equipped with sanitising soap and have provided NHS guidelines on hand washing in customer and staff areas.
From everybody here at Autohaus Dolby we sincerely thank our customers for their fantastic support and understanding in this difficult time. For your convenience we have reproduced the Government advice regarding vehicle safety below.
Keep your vehicle safe to drive
You must make sure your vehicle is safe to drive (‘roadworthy’). It can be unsafe even if your MOT expiry date has been extended.
You can be fined up to £2,500, be banned from driving and get 3 penalty points for driving a vehicle in a dangerous condition.
Coronavirus statement ends.